4. No protection. In fact, most fabric protectors are highly toxic when they burn
5. Reduces flame spread
5. No claims of reducing flame spread
6. If flame retardant is applied to fabrics, retardant is sealed in so normal everyday cleaning won't remove
6. No protection for flame retardant
7. Colorfast-has no effect on color or texture of treated fabrics
7. Have been known to "yellow" light colored fabrics over time or when sprayed
8. Mildew and static electricity resistance
8. No protection
9.MicroSeal only attaches to fibers and will not seal in anything non-fibrous, so fabric / carpet does not have to be clean before application
9. Many products will seal both fibrous and non-fibrous particles. Therefore, dirty fabrics treated with these chemicals will have dirt, stains, etc., sealed in at time of treatment.
10. Does not damage woodwork, metal paint or glass. Safe and easy to use
10. Will spot woodwork, metal and glass. Can cause problems if not removed quickly
11. Can be used on any material with a fibrous nature including suedes and smooth finished leathers
11. Cannot be used on some types of fabrics, such as suede or smooth finished leathers
12. MicroSeal is non-toxic and non-allergenic - Carrier has a EPA rating of GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe)
12.EPAtest reports have cited health and environmental concerns with fabric protectors that use flurochemicals and PTFE Resin - 95% of fabric protectors are fluorochemical based th
The Bead Test Comparison
A simple bead test of a coater (fluorochemical or PTFE Resin based fabric protector) vs. MicroSeal will sometimes result in the “apparent superiority of the coater. This is because the coater will cover more of the space between the fibers while MicroSeal will penetrate and seal the individual fibers only. Further testing after cleaning and wear will result in the coater breaking up and permanent stains on the fibers occurring thereafter. Even ordinary dirt can be difficult to vacuum because the broken coater material “hangs on” to the dirt. MicroSeal will not break up, wear off, or clean off and will continue to protect the fibers from permanent stains and sun fading for many years. Don't be fooled by competitors who have suddenly started marketing their product as "permanent" or "long lasting" in response to MicroSeal's popularity. If their product is a fluroochemical, it is a coater that will fracture and clean or wear off easily. This poor product performance combined with the EPA's 2010/2015 PFOA Stewardship Program (a heavy verdict against the flurochemical industry) makes the choice clear.
MicroSeal will always win the most important test of all...THE TEST OF TIME. More than words, 25 years in the aerospace industry, and worldwide independent laboratory testing speaks for itself.
MicroSeal's non toxic, non allergenic Fabric Protection formula has no fluorochemcals or PTFE Resin (See EPA health cocern) and is formulated in a Carbon-Free USA Facility.
TESTED AND PROVEN BY INDEPENDENT LABORATORIES
Boeing Aerospace in Seattle - Chatfield Applied Research Laboratories in London - Commercial Testing Co. in GA - Certified Testing Laboratories in GA - Centre D' Essals Aeronautique De Toulouse in France - Forensic Testing Laboratories in GA - U.S. Testing Co. in Los Angeles, CA - TRI / Environmental Inc. in TX
R E C O G N I Z E D W O R L D W I D E A S T H E B E S T ASID Industry Partner / NWSID PRA Member
COME FLY WITH US 425.820.8888 Copyright2007MicroSeal